Platform Business Media Limited Privacy & Cookies Policy
1. This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out the privacy and cookies policy of Platform Business Media, (Registered Number 10682593), 231 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London, England, SW1V 1AD
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) there are six lawful basis for processing personal data. These are detailed as follows:
- Consent – the individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose
- Contract – the processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract
- Legal Obligation – the processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
- Vital Interests – the processing is necessary to protect someone’s life
- Public Task – the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law
- Legitimate Interests – the processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual’s personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
2. Collection of Personal Information
1. The types of personal information collected and stored by Platform Business Media include your name, company names, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, fax number and credit/debit card details.
2. Platform Business Media (or any of its sub-contractors) may collect the following personal information about you in the following ways:
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to Platform Business Media to register on its website(s) or receive email alerts or other communications from Platform Business Media;
- any other data which you provide to Platform Business Media when you enquire about our activities, email, telephone or write to us or otherwise provide us with personal information;
- any data which you provide when you complete and submit an application to attend our events;
- data you provide Platform Business Media during any transaction with us.
3. Platform Business Media (or any of its sub-contractors) may also receive information about you from third parties, for example a friend/colleague who wants to tell you about one of our websites.
3. Storage and retention of your information
1. Platform Business Media will keep your information secure. The technology that Platform Business Media uses and the security policies which Platform Business Media has implemented are intended to safeguard your information from unauthorised access and improper use.
4. Use of Your Information
1. Platform Business Media may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- administering your website account(s) and otherwise in connection with any service for which you have provided your information, including any email alerts, transactions with us and competitions and promotions that you take part in;
- responding to any enquiry you make;
- Sending you information regarding Platform Business Media or any third party's future services; and
- for generating aggregated statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the Platform Business Media website(s) and other services and developing Platform Business Media marketing plans.
2.1. Platform Business Media may also disclose your information as follows:
- if you have given your consent for Platform Business Media to do so, to other selected organisations to enable them to contact you or send you information by post, telephone and/or email;
- to any service providers, sub-contractors and agents appointed by Platform Business Media to perform the above functions on its behalf and in accordance with its instructions;
- to third parties selected by Platform Business Media as part of aggregated and anonymised statistics about users, traffic patterns etc. of the Platform Business Media website(s);
- to such individuals and/or bodies as necessary to ensure Platform Business Media compliance with any applicable law, regulation, legal proceeding or governmental request;
- to any individual making a subject information request to Platform Business Media.
2.2. If you allow your visitor badge to be scanned by an exhibitor, speaker or sponsor when at the event, you will be providing the exhibitor or sponsor with your personal data, which they may use to contact you about their products or services.
3. In the event that Platform Business Media (or a relevant part of Platform Business Media) is acquired by or merges with another company, your personal information may be passed to the purchasing/merging company amongst the transferred business assets. This will enable your relationship to continue with the relevant Platform Business Media business despite the change of ownership. Your personal information may also be passed (on a confidential basis) to companies with whom Platform Business Media is negotiating such a sale/merger as part of the verification exercise carried out on Platform Business Media by the third party.
a. When you visit an Platform Business Media website(s), Platform Business Media uses “cookie” technology try to make that experience simple, personalised and meaningful. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer or any similar device you use to access the internet e.g. smart phone, tablet or other mobile device when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about you're use of the website. A number of cookies Platform Business Media use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the website and will last for longer.
- create a specific log-in session for a exhibitor/speaker/visitor to a Platform Business Media website in order that page requests by that visitor are delivered in an effective, secure and consistent manner;
- recognise when a visitor to a Platform Business Media website has visited before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive to the website and allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the website;
- improve the website(s) and learn which parts are most popular to visitors. To do this, we gather statistical information about how our visitors use the website(s) including device-specific data such as the IP address of the device (collected and stored in an anonymised format); the device screen size; the device type and browser information; country of location; and the preferred language used to display the website(s). Our servers also automatically record information including the referring domain; the pages visited; and the date and time when website(s) pages were accessed.
- Gather information through our advertising partners, about the pages on our website(s) that you visit, and also other information about other websites that you visit, so as to place you in an “interest segment”. This information is then used to serve interest-based advertisements which it is believed will be targeted to your interests. For more information about this type of interest based advertising, and about how to turn this feature off please visit www.youronlinechoices.com/uk. Without these cookies, advertisements you encounter will be less relevant to you and to your interests.
c. Some of the cookies used by Platform Business Media websites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on an Platform Business Media website(s) you may not be able to take full advantage of the website(s) if you do so.
d. Certain cookies are either set by third parties on the Website or these are set by us using the third parties cookie code. More information about cookies placed by third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
e. In addition to cookies, tracking gifs may be set by us or third parties in respect of your use of the Site. Tracking gifs are small image files within the content of our site or the body of our newsletters so we or third parties can understand which parts of the website are visited or whether particular content is of interest.
6. Third Party Websites
Please be aware that Platform Business Media does not control and is not responsible for websites that are referred to or linked from its own websites and that use of your personal information on these websites is not subject to this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
To access certain parts of the Platform Business Media websites or to gain entry to Platform Business Media events, Platform Business Media may require you to register and provide certain information about yourself.
You are reminded that in addition to the provisions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy, where you register you also agree to:
- provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the relevant registration form (such information being the "Registration Data"); and
- maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it fully up to date; and
- in respect of any Platform Business Media event, to allow your ID badge to be scanned as a condition of entry to such event. Platform Business Media reserves the right to refuse entry to or eject you from the event if your ID badge is not scanned.